- Increase Federal Pell Grants by 25%.
- Cut student loan interest rates by 50%.
- Invest $2 billion per year to create a nationwide high school program, “Learn to Write Like Hemingway”. Learning to proficiently write the English language is the upper-class secret to quality education. We need to avail this secret tool to all students.
- Expand the ability for graduating students to receive loan forgiveness after serving in AmeriCorps or the Peace Corps.
- Develop a number of additional loan forgiveness programs for graduating students based on service to society. College graduates and other higher education graduates are under an unsustainable debt burden that is dragging down the country and this burden must be creatively mitigated.